The Indian School of Business (ISB) was founded in 2001 with the help from a group of pioneers in MBA education in the western world: the London school of business, MIT Sloan School of Management, the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, and Northwestern Kellogg School of Management.
Since its initiation, the ISB has crossed lap after laps to put India on the map of management education globally. In 2011, ISB inaugurated its second campus at Mohali (besides its first campus at Hyderabad), which aimed to further its vision of shaping global leaders and entrepreneurs for the society.
This article is aimed at providing you with some valuable information for your research related to the class profile 2024 and placement reports of ISB’s flagship program – the Post Graduate Program in Management.
Here is an outline of this article:
- Indian School of Business-ISB PGP
- Indian School of Business (ISB) – General Information
- ISB PGP Class Profile 2024
- ISB PGP Eligibility Criteria
- ISB PGP Application Deadline 2023 intake
- ISB PGP Fees – Cost of Attendance
- ISB PGP Course Curriculum
- Student Exchange Programs at ISB
- ISB PGP Placement 2022
- ISB PGP Notable Alumni
- Early Entry Option
- International Applicants
Indian School of Business – ISB PGP
- The flagship course at the ISB, which is the equivalent of an MBA, is called PGP (post-graduate program in management). Besides their flagship PGP program, ISB offers the following post-graduation programs in management: PGP for working professional, PGP for Senior Executives, PGP in Management for Family Business.
- The Indian School of Business has two campuses: Hyderabad campus and Mohali campus, with total enrollment for 2023 intake of 843.
- ISB’s Mohali campus is relatively newer, and it was designed by New York-based firm Perkins Eastman, one of the leading architecture firms in the world.
- ISB’s Mohali campus meets LEEDS Gold sustainability criteria. The campus is equipped with highly efficient electrical and mechanical units, a rainwater harvesting system, and a capable internal lighting infrastructure.
Indian School of Business (ISB) PGP – General Information
ISB Hyderabad Campus
Telangana – 500 111
Ph +91 40 2300 7000
ISB Mohali Campus
Knowledge City, Sector 81, SAS Nagar,
Punjab – 140 306
Ph +91 172 459 0000
Dean: Rajendra Srivastava
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.isb.edu
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Blog
ISB PGP Class Profile 2024
ISB doesn’t look for students from specific backgrounds while allotting its seat for the Post Graduate Program in Management. At ISB, you will find students from diverse backgrounds.
ISB has got one of the leading numbers in terms of intake of female students, students from engineering and non-engineering backgrounds, and students with work experience that can range up to 20 years.
It is usually a rare occurrence in Indian business schools that a 45-year old with more than 20 years of work experience enrolls for a PGP in management. But with ISB, it isn’t so rare.
The infographic below depicts ISB’s class profile for 2024 with statistics about the gender distribution, age, GMAT scores, work experience, and academic background of the students.
|% of Women
ISB PGP Eligibility Criteria
The admission application process of ISB PGP aims at evaluating the applicants on their academic performance of the past. To check the eligibility of a candidate for the program, the admissions committee at ISB considers the following parameters:
- GMAT scores (or GRE scores)
- Post-graduation or certification Scores (if applicable to the candidate)
- Graduation Scores
- 12th Grade Scores
- TOEFL/IELTS Scores (for applicants from countries other than India)
The institution maintains that there are no specific cut-off scores for either of these parameters. Besides, to qualify for admission into ISB’s PGP, a candidate must also have at least 24 months of full-time work experience.
For students who have graduated recently and have less than 24-months of full-time work experience, ISB has a deferred admission option. It is called the Early Entry Option. Through this option, ISB allows the students to secure admission into their PGP program for a later period. Once they have worked for at least 24 months in a full-time job, they become eligible to join the PGP at ISB.
Aspiring to pursue your MBA at ISB? Here is a list of articles that can help you with the ISB PGP MBA Application:
- How to prepare and most commonly asked questions for 2023 ISB admissions
- 8 Step guide to get into the Indian School of Business (ISB) MBA program
- How to write an ISB Essay for 2024 Intake
- Importance of GMAT score in the ISB admissions process
- What is a good GMAT Score for ISB?
Getting into a top MBA program like ISB requires a 700+ GMAT score, If you are planning to take the GMAT, we can help you by giving you access to quality online content to prepare. We are the most reviewed GMAT prep company on gmatclub with more than 2500+ reviews. Why don’t you take a free trial and judge it for yourself?
ISB PGP Application Deadline for 2023 Intake
Every year, ISB allots seats to the applicants into its flagship PGP program through different rounds of application. Applying through either of the application rounds does not have any impact on your chances of securing admission into the program. But, it affects your chances of securing the scholarships.
The first-round applicants have better chances of securing scholarships than the ones who apply through the later rounds.
The application deadlines, as well as the application fees for each round, are as follows:
|September 4, 2022
|December 4, 2022
The application deadline for ISB PGP Class 2022 is yet to be announced watch out for this space for more info.
ISB PGP Fees – Cost of Attendance
For the incoming PGP batch of 2020 – 2021, the fee structure and overall program expenses for shared accommodation are as shown in the following table:
|Library and Recreation Fee
|Alumni Association Membership Deposit
Moreover, you will be charged with a non-refundable admission fee of INR 2,00,000 (inclusive of 18% GST) at the time of acceptance of the admission offer.
You also need to plan for certain extra expenses, such as the purchase of books and laptops, in-campus meal plans, and other miscellaneous costs. (An estimate of INR 2 Lakhs approximately)
ISB PGP Course Curriculum
The ISB’s course curriculum has been formulated, keeping various learning objectives as well as diverse backgrounds of its student base into account. The course calendar is segmented into eight terms in the following manner:
- Term 1-3: Only Core Courses
- Term 4: Mix of Core courses and Electives
- Term 5-8: Only Electives
The first three terms that are dedicated to the core courses comprise of full-time course load of 4-5 subjects each. The fourth term is a cross-over term, during which the students are taught a mix of core subjects and the chosen electives.
The core courses aim at equipping the students with strong fundamental knowledge of essential subjects like finance, marketing, operations, strategy-making, and IT management.
Along with the core courses, ISB makes a list of 80 elective subjects available to its students. You can opt for electives based on your field of interest.
For specialization in any concentration or industry, you need to complete at least six credits of course work through their electives. They can choose to take up from 17 to 21 of the elective credits.
Student Exchange Programs at Indian School of Business
ISB has tie-ups with several leading business schools from all around the globe. It believes in broadening the horizon for the students and teach them to build a global approach.
For exchange program opportunities, students are encouraged to choose from a list of 42 partnered business schools, based on their career goals and requirements. Some of the most renowned business schools partnered with ISB for their student exchange programs are:
- Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, United States
- Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, United States
- Melbourne Business School, University in Melbourne, Australia
- Fuqua School of Business. Duke University, United States
- Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, United States
- Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, United States
- Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University, United States
- Ross School of Business, University of Michigan, United States
Moreover, ISB has got an inbound student exchange program through which international exchange students are welcomed to undertake two terms of their course at the ISB campuses.
Besides the outbound and inbound exchange programs, there is an Inter-Campus Exchange program for ISB students.
During the third term and the elective terms (5th– 8th Terms), ISB gives its students the opportunity to make inter-campus swaps between ISB Hyderabad campus and ISB Mohali Campus.
ISB PGP placement report
ISB PGP class of 2020 has set new records in its latest placement season. The class of 2022 received 2072 offers (as compared to 1383 offers for the class of 2020) on day 1 with an average CTC of INR 34.08 lakhs.
Take a look at the detailed ISB Placement report 2022.
With an integrated placement process set in place at both the campuses, ISB’s placement report has show growth in its employment statistics in recent years.
There has been a gradual year-after-year increase in the PGP students’ average salaries during the recent placement seasons. Have a look at the ISB PGP Average salary report 2017-2022:
|Average Salary (in INR)
Along with a steady rise in the average salary, there has been a gradual growth in the number of firms that show their interest in hiring the students passing out of ISB every year.
The ISB placement report shown depicts the number of companies that have registered with the placement cell of ISB year after year, and the number of offers made by these companies during the placement seasons:
|No. of Firms
|No. of Offers Made
Getting into a top MBA program like ISB requires a 700+ GMAT score, If you are planning to take the GMAT, we can help you by giving you access to quality online content to prepare. We are the most reviewed GMAT prep company on gmatclub with more than 1950+ reviews. Why don’t you take a free trial and judge it for yourself?
- Neeraj Arora, Board of Directors, Vivino
- Dr. Charu Arora, Senior Product Manager, Reliance Jio Infocom Limited
- Dr. Dinesh Reddy, Associate Director, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratory
- Namratha Agarwal, Manager, ZS
- Viren W Rasquinha, CEO, Olympic Gold Quest
- Atul Satija, Founder, N/Core, Give
- Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director, Wockhardt Hospitals
- Piyush Shah, Co-Founder, InMobi Group, and CEO, TruFactor
- Ajith Andhare, COO, Viacom18 Studios
- Alok Goel, Partner, SAIF Partners, and Ex CEO- FreeCharge
Early Entry Option
You must have at least twenty-four months of full-time work experience to be eligible for admission into ISB’s PGP. However, if you have less than 24 months of full-time work experience, you can still apply for a deferred admission through ISB’ Early Entry Option.
The early entry option secures the seat for you and allows you to take admission into the PGP, once you have successfully attained at least 24 months of full-time work experience.
The prerequisites for admission into ISB PGP through the early entry option is more or less the same. You are required to fulfill the following criteria:
- You must have a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent
- You must have a valid GMAT or GRE scores (Valid at least till the start of the program)
- You must have a valid TOEFL/IELTS Score (if the language of the highest degree attained by the candidate is not English)
- You must have less than 24 months of full-time work experience before March 31, 2021
Note: If you get selected for deferred admission into PGP through the early entry option, you will have to pay the first installment of the admission fee (INR 2,50,000 + service tax) within ten days from the date on which the admission offer is made.
Besides meeting the essential eligibility criteria for admission into ISB PGP (i.e., having a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, a valid GMAT or GRE scores, TOEFL/IELTS scores, and 24 months of full-time work experience), the international applicants are also required to undergo either a face-to-face or an online interview round.
Note: The admission decision for international applicants is taken through a rolling admission process. The students are informed about their selection within six weeks of the application.
ISB PGP – FAQs on Indian School of Business
There are different types of MBA programs in ISB. There flagship full-time MBA program, known as ISB Post graduate program (PGP), is for one year.
For the incoming PGP batch of 2020-2021, the tuition fee is INR 24,54,000. However, there are other costs that you need to pay. Have a look at this article to know detailed ISB PGP Fees.
You need at least a 700+ GMAT score to stand out for ISB PGP Admissions. The average GMAT score for ISB PGP incoming class is 700+,with a GMAT range between 600-770.
Some of the top MBA colleges in India 2021 are:
1. IIM Ahmedabad
2. IIM Bangalore
3. XLRI Xavier School of Management
4. SPJIMR Mumbai
5. IIM Indore
Check out the top 100 MBA colleges in India.