The first students of Yale School of Management arrived in 1976, full 5 years after the University received a bequest from Frederick W. Beinecke for creating a management related program. Their mission was clear from day one – educating leaders for business and society. The faculty and board of Yale SoM are following a three-pronged strategy to reach this objective – closer integration with the home university, creating and maintaining a reputation as a global U.S. B-school and striving to be recognized as the best source of leaders for all sectors.
If Yale School of Management (SOM) is your target business school, this article will help you in researching the class profile, and career prospects its full-time MBA program can offer you.
Here is a brief outline of this article:
- General Information on the Yale SoM MBA Program
- Yale School of Management MBA Program – Class profile, cost of attendance, median salary
- Yale SoM: 2019-2020 MBA Application Deadlines
- Yale School of Management employment report -graduating class of 2019
- Yale School of Management – Notable Alumni
- Other MBA programs you should consider
General Information about Yale School of Management
Yale School of Management
165 Whitney Avenue
New Haven, CT 06511-3729
Admissions Office (mailing address) –
Yale School of Management
Full-Time MBA Program
New Haven, CT 06520-8200
Yale School of Management MBA Program – Class Profile, Cost of Attendance, Median Salary
Below are the details of the Yale School of Management full-time MBA program’s class profile, cost of attendance, median salary. Here is the list of the total cost (tuition fee + living expenses) of top MBA programs across the world.
|S. No.||Yale School of Management||Numbers|
|3||Class Size (enrolled in the class of 2020)||345|
|4||GMAT Range (middle 80%)||680 – 760|
|5||2019-20 Tuition & Fees||$74,560|
|6||% Received Job offer post graduation||92.4%|
|7||Median Base Salary||$130,000|
|8||Median Signing Bonus||$20,000|
Yale SoM MBA Program: 2021 Incoming Class Profile
Here are the detailed statistics on Yale SoM incoming class of 2021.
|GMAT Score Range (Middle 80%)||680 – 760|
|Undergraduate GPA Range||3.34-3.92|
|% of women in the class||42%|
|% of international citizens||44%|
Pre-MBA Industry of Yale SoM: Incoming class of 2021
The Financial Services industry sent the most number of students to Yale SoM – 19.8%. This was followed closely by Consultancy at 18.8%. breaking away from the usual MBA trends Non-profit (14.9%) and Government sectors (7.9%) accounted for a fifth of the pre-MBA experience of the students.
|Pre-MBA Industry – Yale SoM incoming class of 2021|
|Consumer Packaged Goods||3%|
|Transportation & Logistics||6.9%|
|Health Care/Pharma/ Biotech||5%|
|Entertainment & Media||4%|
Yale School of Management: MBA Application Deadlines (2019 – 2020)
Yale SoM requires a 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited US institution or an international equivalent. The candidates must apply online and attach all the required documents. These are – transcripts from the college, 2 recommendations, complete video questions, GRE/GMAT scores, and the application fee. The shortlisted candidates are invited for the final interview.
As always, the competition is fierce, and it is very important that you have your application ready by Round 1 or Round 2. Learn here why applying in Round 1 or Round 2 is important.
|Yale SoM |
|Application Deadline||Admissions Decision|
|Round 1||September 10, 2019||December 4, 2019|
|Round 2||January 7, 2020||March 24, 2020|
|Round 3||April 14, 2020||May 19, 2020|
Yale School of Management: Employment Report and Salaries 2019
The MBA graduates of Yale SoM find employment in a wide variety of industries. By far the largest number of graduates are hired in the Consultancy sector – 37.2%. Assorted Finance companies (investment banking, investment management, Private Equity/VC and diversified financial services) and Technology come next with 19.3% & 12.8% respectively.
Here’s a detailed look at the employment statistics by industry, job function, and location.
Yale SoM MBA Program: Employment by Industry
Consulting companies recruited the maximum number of Yale MBA graduates. They accounted for more than a third of the jobs taken on by the students. They were also the best paid with median base annual salaries of $145,000.
Below is the detailed employment report of Yale School of Management graduating class of 2019.
|Percentage||Median Base Annual Salary ($)|| |
Median Sign on Bonus ($)
|Private Equity/Venture Capital||4%||110,000||NA|
|Diversified Financial Services||4%||125,000||30,000|
|Consumer Packaged goods||2.6%||115,000||35,000|
Yale SoM MBA Program – Employment by Function
Breaking all trends Yale SoM graduates overwhelmingly chose Consulting job profiles – 48.9% of the graduates took up internal and external consultancy roles. Finance/ Accounting job functions made up for 21.9% of the employment offers.
|Function Breakdown||Percentage||Median Base Salary ($)||Median Signing Bonus in ($)|
|Marketing / Sales||10.6||120,000||30,000|
Yale SoM MBA Program: Employment by Location
92.4% of the students received a job offer three months after graduation 2019, and 91.4% of students accepted these offers. 79.9%of full-time hires were within the US, and 20.1% were international.
Hires by US Region
|Region||Percentage||Median Base Salary by region ($)|
Yale School of Management – Notable Alumni
Following are some of the notable alumni of the Yale School of Management:
- Ken Ofori-Atta, Finance Minister of Ghana; Co-founder, Databank
- Martha Finn Brooks, Board Chair, CARE
- Shirley Yeung, Founder & Managing Partner, Dragonrise Capital
- Rebecca Lilly Brooks, Private Wealth Advisor, Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management
- Max Ventilla, Founder and CEO, AltSchool
- Adam Blumenthal, Founder and Managing Partner, Blue Wolf Capital Partners
- Xerxes Mullan, CEO, Avestar Capital
- Wendy Davis, CEO and Founder, GestVision
- Elon Boms, Founder and Managing Director, LaunchCapital; Lecturer in the Practice of Entrepreneurship
- Kelly Smith, Corporate Vice President, New York Life Insurance Company
- Christine Bader, Former Director of Social Responsibility, Amazon
- Indra Nooyi, Chairman and CEO, PepsiCo
- Matt Rogers, Senior Partner, San Francisco, McKinsey & Company
- Colonel Rich Morales, Head, Department of Systems Engineering, West Point
- Donald Gips, Former U.S. Ambassador to South Africa
- Laszlo Bock, Senior Vice President, People Operations, Google
- Claire Hughes Johnson, Vice President, Google Offers, Google
- John Shrewsberry, President, Wells Fargo Securities
- Fred Terrell, Vice Chairman of Investment Banking, Credit Suisse
Other MBA programs you should consider
Have a question? Write to us at email@example.com.