Creating impact through bold ideas is The University of Chicago Booth School of Business’ core value. Also known as Chicago Booth, this business school follows a simple philosophy – turn ideas into meaningful action. The focus of Chicago Booth is creating ‘impact’ through groundbreaking ideas and boldness in action. If you are someone who is driven by curiosity, analytical thinking, collaboration, and are action-oriented, then Chicago Booth MBA would be a perfect fit for you. In this article, we have discussed all the important information on the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. Here is the outline of the article:
- General information on Chicago Booth
- Trivia on Chicago Booth School of Business
- Chicago Booth MBA Class profile, cost of attendance, median salary
- Chicago Booth’s 2019-2020 MBA Application Deadlines
- Chicago Booth School of Business MBA employment and salaries
- University of Chicago Booth School of Business – Notable Alumni
- Other MBA programs you should consider
Chicago Booth School of Business – General information
Dean – Madhav Rajan
Admissions Office – The University of Chicago
Booth School of Business
5807 South Woodlawn Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60637
Chicago Booth MBA – Trivia
- Founded in 1898, the University of Chicago – Booth School of Business is the second-oldest business school in the world.
- The business school is named after David Booth, who donated an amount of $300 million in 2008. Before 2008 the school was called The University of Chicago Graduate School of Business.
- The School offered its first MBA in 1935.
- Nine Chicago Booth faculty members have been awarded the Nobel prize in Economic Sciences.
- It is the only US business school with permanent campuses on three continents viz. North America (Chicago), Europe (London), and Asia (Hong Kong).
- Chicago Booth started the first Ph.D. Program in business in 1920, first Executive MBA program in 1943, and first weekend MBA program in 1986.
Chicago Booth MBA Program: Application deadline 2019 – 2020
|Round One||September 26, 2019||December 5, 2019|
|Round Two||January 7, 2020||March 19, 2020|
|Round Three||April 2, 2020||June 4, 2020|
If you are planning to take the GMAT, we can help you with a personalized study plan and give you access to quality online content to prepare. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are the most reviewed GMAT prep company on gmatclub with more than 1835 reviews (as on June 28, 2019). Why don’t you take a free trial and judge for yourself?
Chicago Booth – By the numbers
|S. No.||Chicago Booth||Numbers|
|4||GMAT Range||610 – 790|
|5||Work Experience (Average)||5 years|
|6||Tuition Cost (per year)||$ 72,000|
|8||% Employed after graduation||95.1%|
|9||Median Salary||$ 145,000|
2021 Chicago Booth MBA Class Profile
Here are the detailed statistics on Chicago Booth MBA incoming class of 2019 (graduating class of 2021).
|GMAT Scores (middle 80%)||610 – 790|
|Undergraduate GPA (middle 80%)||2.7 – 3.9|
|Work Experience (middle 80%)||3 – 15 years|
|Average age (middle 80%)||25 – 31|
|% of women in the class||40%|
|% of international citizens||31%|
Chicago Booth: Pre-MBA industry of the incoming class of 2019
Consulting and Financial services are the dominant pre-MBA industry of the incoming class of 2019.
|Private Equity/Venture Capital||8%|
Employment by Industry: Chicago Booth’s MBA class of 2019
Consulting and Financial Services hired the most number of Chicago Booth graduates. The highest median salary of $158,000 was offered by Consulting. However, the maximum salary of $250,000 was offered by a firm from the Private Equity space. The detailed employment numbers are in the table below:
|Industry||Percent of Hires||Number of Hires||Low – High Salary (US $)||Median Salary||Median Sign-On Bonus|
|Diversified Financial Services||7.2%||35||88,000-180,000||$150,000||$40,000|
|Healthcare Products and Services||1.0%||5||120,000-148,000||$125,000||$30,000|
|eCommerce and Internet||12.0%||58||83,000-168,000||$130,000||$35,000|
|Technology – Other||1.0%||5||100,000-155,000||$120,000||N/A|
Chicago Booth MBA – Employment by Function
Consulting and Investment banking are the two functions that attracted 2019 Chicago Booth graduates.
|Function||Percent of Hires||Number of Hires||Minimum Salary – Maximum Salary||Median Salary||Median Sign-On Bonus|
|Corporate Strategy/Strategic Planning||5.6%||27||88000-175000||$127,500||$25,000|
|Company Finance (Analysis/Treasury)||4.1%||20||111000-145000||$125,000||$33,500|
|Operations – Production/Supply Chain Mgmt/Logistics||1.7%||8||105000-140000||$130,000||$55,000|
|Product Management (Tech)||6.4%||31||100000-180000||$135,000||$26,250|
Chicago Booth MBA – Employment by location
86.7% of the 2018 class found employment in the United States followed by Latin America and Europe. 25.9% of the class found employment in the Chicago area itself. Here are the details of location wise employment.
|Region||Percent of Hires||Number of Hires||Median Salary|
|Latin America and the Caribbean||5.4%||26||$103,875|
Chicago Booth MBA – Major Employers
Since the consulting industry was the biggest employer of Chicago Booth’s MBA graduating class of 2019, major employers include the MBB (i.e. McKinsey, Bain, and BCG). Tech corporations such as Amazon, Google, Microsoft and Finance organizations such as JPMorgan Chase, Credit Suisse, and Goldman Sachs Group are the other major employers of Chicago Booth graduates.
|Major Employers||Number of Hires|
|McKinsey & Company, Inc.||48|
|The Boston Consulting Group, Inc.||35|
|Bain & Company, Inc.||26|
|JPMorgan Chase & Co.||11|
|Goldman Sachs Group Inc.||7|
|Bank of America Merrill Lynch||6|
|A.T. Kearney, Inc.||6|
|Evercore Partners Inc.||6|
|The Kraft Heinz Company||4|
|Ernst & Young LLP||4|
|Moelis & Company LLC||4|
|The Vanguard Group, Inc.||4|
|Wal-Mart Stores Inc.||4|
Chicago Booth MBA – Notable Alumni
Chicago Booth boasts an alumni base of more than 53,000 across 90+ countries. Here is a list of some of the notable alumni of the University of Chicago Booth School of Business:
- James O. McKinsey, founder of McKinsey & Company
- David G. Booth, co-founder, and CEO of Dimensional Fund Advisors
- Satya Nadella, CEO at Microsoft
- Dhiraj Rajaram, founder, and CEO of Mu-Sigma
- Jon Winkelried, former co-president of Goldman Sachs
- Eric Gleacher, the founder chairman of Gleacher & Co.
- Susan Wagner, co-founder and former COO of Blackrock, board member of Apple Inc.
- Jaithirth Rao, founder and former CEO of the software company MphasiS
- Peter G. Peterson, founder, and chairman of The Blackstone Group
- Eric Kriss, co-founder of Bain Capital
- Eugene Fama, “Father of the efficient-market hypothesis”, Nobel Laureate in Economics.
- Bart Becht, former CEO of Reckitt Benckiser
- Mary Tolan – Co-founder and Co-Managing Partner of Chicago Pacific Founders
- Debra Crew, President, and COO of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company
- Patrick Doyle, CEO of Domino’s Pizza
- John R. Opel, former chairman and CEO of IBM
- David Wells, former CFO of Netflix
- Farhan Siddiqi, Global Chief Digital Officer of McDonald’s
Other MBA programs you should consider
The following are some other schools that are a close match to Chicago Booth in terms of GMAT and GPA, age and work experience. We have listed the programs by stretch, match, and safety. Note that these options are presented on the basis of the schools’ brand image and ranking status as a general yardstick.