UNC Kenan-Flagler opened its doors in 1919 as the Department of Commerce of UNC-Chapel Hill’s College of Arts and became the Kenan-Flagler Business School in 1991 in honour of the generous gift given by two prominent American business families. It was renamed to recognize philanthropist Mary Lily Kenan Flagler and her husband, Henry Morrison Flagler. The UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA core values – leadership, teamwork, excellence, integrity, and community – are the foundational philosophy of the entire teaching methodology and have earned the school’s top rankings! The B-school is ranked #16 for its Full-time MBA Program
If UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School is your target business school, this article will help you in researching the class profile, and career prospects its full-time MBA program offers.
Following is a brief overview of this article:
- Trivia about UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
- General Information on the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School Full-time MBA Program
- UNC Kenan-Flagler Full-time MBA Program – Class profile, cost of attendance, median salary
- UNC Kenan Flagler 2022-2023 MBA Application Deadlines
- UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School employment report of graduating class of 2021
- UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School – Notable Alumni
- Other MBA programs you should consider
Trivia about UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
- Their faculty is ranked No. 10 in the world for research.
- The full-time MBA Program has required an ethics course since the 1980s.
- They have 2721 students in Undergraduate Business, MBA, EMBA, MAC, and D. programs and 5500 executives in non-degree programs.
- The school has 121 full-time faculty from 20 countries in 7 academic departments.
- Students manage $16 million across 8 funds – more than any other B-School.
General Information on the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School Full-time MBA Program
300 Kenan Center Drive
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
Admissions Office –
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
MBA Admissions & Student Recruitment Office
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Campus Box 3490, McColl Bldg., Room 2114
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3490 USA
Dean: Douglas A. Shackelford
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School MBA Program – Class Profile, Cost of Attendance, Median Salary
Below are the details of the UNC Kenan-Flagler full-time MBA program’s class profile, cost of attendance, and salary. Here is the list of the total cost (tuition fee + living expenses) of top MBA programs across the world.
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
|3||Class Size (enrolled in the class of 2020)||296|
|4||GMAT Range (2022)||660 – 720|
|5||Tuition and mandatory fees||$68,112|
|6||% Received job offers 3 months after graduation- 2021||93%|
|7||Base Salary||$ 125,687|
|8||Signing Bonus||$ 29,751|
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School MBA Program: Incoming Class Profile 2024
|GMAT Mid 80% range||660 – 720|
|Undergraduate GPA (Median)||3.43|
|Years of Experience (Median)||5 years|
|% of women in the class||38%|
|% of international citizens||35%|
UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Application Deadlines 2022 – 2023
The following are the 2022 – 2023 application deadlines for UNC Kenan Flagler MBA Program.
|Round 1||October 10, 2022||October 3, 2022||December 12, 2022||January 13, 2023|
|Round 2||January 9, 2023||January 2, 2023||March 13, 2023||April 21, 2023|
|Round 3*||February 27, 2023||February 20, 2023||April 24, 2023||May 19, 2023|
|Round 4||April 17, 2023||April 10, 2023||May 22, 2023||June 9, 2023|
UNC Kenan-Flagler’s admission process follows the tried and tested methods applied by all business schools. The candidates are required to fill out an online application (along with an application fee of $150). The application requires the candidate to attach their GMAT/GRE scores, Resume, Transcripts of all academic work, TOEFL/IELTS/PTE Academic scores, 2 recommendations and 2 essays (3rd is optional).
Kenan-Flager has also offered students a unique opportunity to self-register for the open interview however, due to COVID 19, they have temporarily cancelled the open interviews for this season.
As always, the competition is fierce, and it is imperative that you have your application ready by Round 1 or Round 2. Learn here why applying in Round 1 or Round 2 is important.
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School MBA Program: Employment Reports and Salaries- 2021
93% of the graduating class of 2021 received job offers within 90 days of graduation, out of this 91 % accepted the offer. Financial services (23%), Technology (19%) and Consulting (18%) industries accounted for most of the job offers, and they also offered the best salaries with the Consulting industry becoming the best paymaster with a median salary of $155,000.
Here’s a detailed look at the employment statistics by industry, job function, and location for the Class of 2021.
Employment by Industry
18% of the students who accepted job offers from the Consulting industry were offered the best salaries – the median salary in the Consulting industry came to $155,000. This was followed by Financial Services companies offering a median salary of $150,000.
Below is the detailed employment report of UNC Kenan-Flagler’s outgoing class of 2021.
|Consumer Packaged Goods||2%||$110,000|
Employment by Function
A significant number of Kenan-Flagler graduates took up finance-related roles – 34% of the class opted for a mix of job profiles in Finance, followed by Consulting related functions at 26% and Marketing profiles at 20%.
|Employment By Function||Percentage||Median Salary|
|Capital Markets & Investments Management||5%||$150,000|
|Private Wealth Management||<1%||$90,000|
|Banking (non-Investment Banking)||2%||$125,000|
Employment by Region
91% of all the students accepted the job offers presented to them and got job opportunities within the United States. The Southern part of the United States recruited 36% of the students from Kenan-Flagler.
UNC Kenan Flagler Business School: Notable Employers Class of 2022
- AT. Kearney
- Delta Air Lines
- Direct Supply
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Emerson Electric
- Liberty Mutual
- McKinsey & Company
- Microsoft Corp.
- National Grid
- Pollack Shores
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Whirlpool Corporation
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School Notable Alumni
Following are some notable alumni of the Kenan Flagler Business School:
- Diana Berry, Supply Chain Specialist at Harsco Rail
- Gary Parr, Deputy Chairman, Lazard Frères & Co.
- Hugh McColl Jr., Former Chairman, and CEO, Bank of America Corporation
- Julian Robertson, Chairman, Tiger Management
- Erskine Bowles, former president, University of North Carolina System; former White House Chief of Staff; former head of Small Business Administration
- John A. Allison IV, Director of Moelis & Company
- David N. Senty, U.S. Air Force Major General
- Alex Bean, Partner with Plexus Capital
- Mary Moore Hamrick JD, National Managing Principal of Public Policy for Grant Thornton
- Tonya Brady, Director of Sales, DDI Print in Raleigh, NC
- James P. Brandau, Senior Vice President at Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.
- Patrick Brennan, Founder and Managing Director of Rooster Public Strategies
- Cole Buckfelder, Vice President of Loan Sales and Syndications for Wells Fargo Capital Finance
Other MBA programs you should consider
Have a question? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org