ISB PGP class of 2020 has set new benchmarks in its latest placement season. The class of 2020 received 1383 offers (as compared to 1194 offers for the class of 2019) on day 1 with an average CTC of INR 26.15 lakhs. Even more impressive is the fact that this is an increase of 124% from the class of 2020’s pre-ISB average CTC.
65 new companies hired ISB graduates for the first time this year
A total of 231 organizations participated in the placement process, including 65 new organizations hiring ISB graduates for the first time this year. According to Prof. Rajendra Shrivastava (Dean), “With the largest class size of 890 students, the ISB PGP program offers a top-quality talent pool. The diversity and experience of the PGP class are the main draws for recruiters.”
ISB Class of 2020: Placement Highlights
- Consulting firms continue to hire in large numbers with organizations such as Accenture, Bain & Company, Boston Consulting Group, McKinsey & Company, PWC, KPMG, and Deloitte, making a total of 314 offers.
- E-Commerce and Technology
- Robust hiring by technology and e-commerce organizations such as Amazon, Flipkart, Google, Microsoft, Uber, VMWare, and Zomato continued with marquee startups such as MyGate, Bounce, and Rupeek Fintech joining the list of recruiters this year.
- Banking and Finance organizations
- Banking and Finance organizations such as Citibank, Credit Suisse, Matrix Partners hired in large numbers with Investment Banking and Private Equity firms such as American Express, Barclays, Wells Fargo, RBS, and Waterfield Advisors coming on board this year.
- Leadership roles
- Leadership role hiring is seeing an upswing this year with conglomerates such as Aditya Birla Group, Adani, Reliance Industries, and Shapoorji Pallonji making offers for roles ranging from Management Trainees to Executive Assistants.
- International recruitment
- International recruiters such as Apple (South Asia), Deloitte (Middle East), EY Parthenon, and Landmark Group continued hiring students with prior international experience for senior management roles.
- Women graduates
- The hiring of women graduates for leadership roles also saw an upsurge with organizations such as Axis Bank and other companies. The ISB PGP class of 2020 has the largest representation of women in ISB’s history at 39%.
ISB Placements 2020 – Industry-wise data
Recruiters spanning a wide range of industries such as Consulting, IT/ITES/Technology, e-commerce, BFSI, Healthcare, Education, Media/Entertainment, and Real Estate/Infrastructure hired ISB graduates.
Following is a breakdown of offers by Industry:
|Industry||% of total offers|
ISB Placements 2020 – Employment by Function
Following is a breakdown of the hiring by job function of the ISB class of 2020:
|Function||%age of total offers|
|Sales and Marketing||15.40%|
|General Management/ Strategic Planning||13.09%|
ISB Placements – Major Recruiters
Here is a list of major recruiters that participated in the ISB placements season:
- Alvarez & Marshal
- A.T. Kearney
- Boston Consulting Group
- Bain & Company
- FTI Consulting
- L.E.K. Consulting
- Roland Berger
- 25 Associates
- Infosys Consulting
- ITC Infotech
- MPS Limited
- Nagarro Software
- Times Internet
- MAQ Software
- Oravel Stays
- Droom Technology
- Axis Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Kotak Investment Advisors
- Credit Suisse
- Yes Bank India Ratings and Research
- Matrix Partners
- Bajaj Finserv
- Arga Investments
- JP Morgan
General Management & Leadership Roles:
- Aditya Birla Group
- Johnson & Johnson Medical India
- Hindustan Coca-Cola
Here are a few more articles about ISB that you may like:
- GMAT 750 in the first attempt with an ISB admit – Sanchit’s GMAT Journey
- GMAT 760 – Anupriya leverages Verbal for a high GMAT score (ISB Class of 2019)
- ISB PGP Class Profile, Employment Reports, and Salaries
- ISB PGP Essay Tips
- Different types of MBA programs at ISB
- What is a good GMAT score for ISB?
- ISB – The Best Indian Business School for Consulting Careers?
FAQ – ISB Placements 2020
Here are the key highlights from day one of ISB Placements 2020:
1. 1383 offers on Day 1 in comparison to 1194 offers last year
2. Average CTC on Day 1 of placements stood at INR 26.15 lakhs pa – a 124% increase from the pre-ISB average CTC
3. 231 companies, including 65 first-time recruiters hired from ISB this year
The ISB Placement season begins in the second week of November each year.
ISB class of 2020 received an average salary of 26.15 Lakh Rupees.
ISB’s Post Graduate Programme has been ranked #24 in the FT Global MBA Rankings 2019 and #7 in the Forbes Best Business School Rankings 2019
ISB placements 2020 witnessed 1383 offers on Day 1 in comparison to 1194 offers in 2019.