ISB PGP program’s class of 2020 has set new benchmarks in its latest placement season. The class of 2020 received 1383 offers (as compared to 1194 offers for the class of 2019) on day 1 with an average CTC of INR 26.15 lakhs. Even more impressive is the fact that this is an increase of 124% from the class of 2020’s pre-ISB average CTC.
65 new companies hired ISB graduates for the first time this year
A total of 231 organizations participated in the placement process, including 65 new organizations hiring ISB graduates for the first time this year. According to Prof. Rajendra Shrivastava (Dean), “With the largest class size of 890 students, the ISB PGP program offers a top-quality talent pool. The diversity and experience of the PGP class are the main draws for recruiters.”
Employment by Industry: ISB Class of 2020
Recruiters spanning a wide range of industries such as Consulting, IT/ITES/Technology, e-commerce, BFSI, Healthcare, Education, Media/Entertainment, and Real Estate/Infrastructure hired ISB graduates.
Following is a breakdown of offers by Industry:
|Industry||%age of total offers|
ISB Class of 2020: Employment Highlights
- Consulting firms continue to hire in large numbers with organizations such as Accenture, Bain & Company, Boston Consulting Group, McKinsey & Company, PWC, KPMG, and Deloitte, making a total of 314 offers.
- Robust hiring by technology and e-commerce organizations such as Amazon, Flipkart, Google, Microsoft, Uber, VMWare, and Zomato continued with marquee startups such as MyGate, Bounce, and Rupeek Fintech joining the list of recruiters this year.
- Banking and Finance organizations such as Citibank, Credit Suisse, Matrix Partners hired in large numbers with Investment Banking and Private Equity firms such as American Express, Barclays, Wells Fargo, RBS, and Waterfield Advisors coming on board this year.
- Leadership role hiring is seeing an upswing this year with conglomerates such as Aditya Birla Group, Adani, Reliance Industries, and Shapoorji Pallonji making offers for roles ranging from Management Trainees to Executive Assistants.
- International recruiters such as Apple (South Asia), Deloitte (Middle East), EY Parthenon, and Landmark Group continued hiring students with prior international experience for senior management roles.
- The hiring of women graduates for leadership roles also saw an upsurge with organizations such as Axis Bank and other companies. The ISB PGP class of 2020 has the largest representation of women in ISB’s history at 39%.
Employment by Function: ISB PGP Class of 2020
Following is a breakdown of the hiring by function of the ISB class of 2020:
|Function||%age of total offers|
|Sales and Marketing||15.40%|
|General Management/ Strategic Planning||13.09%|
Here are a few more articles about ISB that you may like:
- GMAT 750 in the first attempt with an ISB admit – Sanchit’s GMAT Journey
- GMAT 760 – Anupriya leverages Verbal for a high GMAT score (ISB Class of 2019)
- ISB PGP Class Profile, Employment Reports, and Salaries
- ISB PGP Essay Tips
- Different types of MBA programs at ISB
- What is a good GMAT score for ISB?
- ISB – The Best Indian Business School for Consulting Careers?