The Oxford MBA, one of the three offerings at Saïd business school, is one of the most rigorous and global full-time MBA programs in the world.
Part of the oldest university (est. 1096) of the English-speaking world, the Saïd Business School blends the vibrancy of a young business school with the transformative values of the world’s most prestigious university.
Located on the grounds of the University of Oxford, Saïd Business School aspires to develop business leaders with a desire to tackle world-scale problems.
The program is an intensive one-year course that focuses on building fundamental skills that help students think logically, laterally and independently.
If Oxford Saïd is your target business school, this article will help you in researching the class profile, and career prospects of its full-time MBA program offer.
Here is a brief overview of the topics we will cover in this article:
- Oxford MBA – Trivia
- General Information about Oxford MBA program
- Curriculum and Program Structure
- Oxford MBA program By the Numbers
- Incoming Class Profile 2018- 2019
- Application Deadlines
- Oxford MBA fees
- Employment/Placement Reports and Salaries
- Oxford Saïd Business School: Top Recruiters
- Oxford Saïd Business School: Notable Alumni
- Other MBA Programs to Consider
Oxford MBA – Saïd Business School: Trivia
- The University of Oxford (est. 1096) is the second oldest university in the world pre-dated only by the University of Bologna (est. 1088). It has educated a record 69 Nobel Prize Winners, 3 Field Medallists, 6 Turing Award winners, and 169 Olympic medallists.
- Each year, students of Oxford University take on those of Cambridge University in a rowing contest called The Boat Race, which first started in 1856. Needless to say, a Said graduating class often comprises of champion rowers who have won Olympic medals in Athens, Beijing and most recently, London.
- Established in 1965 and re-christened in 1996, Said Business School is one of the youngest business schools in the world.
- Peter Tufano, the dean of Said Business school, spent 22 years at Harvard University, influencing 2 US Policy initiatives and introducing a new class of financial products in the USA.
- With 93% of its class constituting of International students, Said has consistently ranked among the Top 10 most diverse MBA programs in the world.
- In 2019, Financial Times ranked the Oxford MBA #13 in the world and #2 in the UK.
General Information about Oxford MBA Program
Location: University of Oxford, Park End St, Oxford OX1 1HP, UK
Dean: Peter Tufano
Acceptance Rate: 47%
Phone: +44(0)1865 288800
Oxford MBA – Saïd Business School: Curriculum and Program Structure
The Oxford MBA curriculum follows a three-term structure, each term incorporating three cross-cutting themes that shape today’s business challenges: Entrepreneurship, Global Rules of the Game, and Responsible Business.
The curriculum is further enriched with Entrepreneurship and Consulting projects that present opportunities to apply classroom learnings into the real world, and with International Electives that help students develop a global world-view and identify cross-cultural levers with which to resolve problems facing society.
Oxford MBA – Saïd Business School: Facts, Fees, and Placements
Presented below are the statistics of the students from the incoming class of the Oxford MBA Full Time Program 2019 – 2020. The program received 1,586 applications last year and admitted a diverse selection of international students representing 64 nationalities.
|Sr. No.||Saïd Business School||Stats|
|3||Work Experience (Average)||5 years|
|4||Tuition Cost (per year)||GBP 59,490|
|7||% Employed after graduation||92%|
|8||Mean Base Salary||GBP 72,618|
|9||% of women in the class||44%|
|10||% of international citizens||95%|
Pre-MBA work experience of Oxford MBA class
|Industry||Pre-MBA work experience|
The latest data for the pre-MBA work experience of Class 2019 is yet to be published.
Oxford MBA Application Deadlines
Unlike most American business schools that have 3 rounds in their admissions cycle, Saïd Business School has a 4-round process with short turn-around time.
The Oxford MBA Application deadlines for each round and the decision dates are mentioned below.
|Round||Application Deadline||Interview Decision Sent||Final Decision Release|
|Round 1||6 September 2019||20 September 2019||18 October 2019|
|Round 2||1 November 2019||15 November 2019||13 December 2019|
|Round 3||10 January 2020||31 January 2020||20 March 2020|
|Round 4||3 April 2020||24 April 2020||29 May 2020|
Oxford MBA Fees and Application Requirements
The Oxford MBA fees for 2020-21 is £59,490 which includes the course fee and life-long oxford union membership.
Below are the Oxford MBA application requirements:
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification
- 2 years minimum work experience
- GMAT or GRE Score
- Written work (Supporting statement)
- Online Assessment
- 4 video responses
- 1 written response
- 2 References – Professional or Academic
- English Proficiency – IELTS or TOEFL
Here are some articles that can help you with your Oxford MBA Application: Tips for Oxford MBA essay 2019-2020 , GMAT vs GRE and How to make an impressive MBA Application Video Essay.
Oxford University MBA: Placement Report & Salary Statistics
Saïd’s global approach to education enables its graduates to seek employment in a variety of countries. 92% of graduates gained employment within 3 months of graduation, with graduates going on to work in organizations in 34 countries in the world.
A detailed breakdown of Oxford MBA placements statistics is mentioned below:
Placement Statistics By Industry
Consulting (23%), Finance (27%) and Technology (24%) were the most popular industries with Oxford MBAs going on to work for some of the biggest corporations in the world.
The mean salary for the graduating class hovered around £72,618. The industry-wise breakdown for the Oxford university MBA placements is mentioned below:
|Industry||Mean salary (£)||Min salary (£)||Max salary (£)|
|Global Industry excluding Tech||£73,292||£39,000||£109,556|
Are you planning to pursue your MBA from Oxford University? A 740+ GMAT score will help you to stand out and make your MBA application more competitive as compared to other applicants. Signup for our Free Trial and get free access to GMAT resources.
Placement Statistics By Region
With immigration laws as stringent as they are in the UK, post-MBA employment is a very real consideration one must contend with when considering Saïd Business School. The majority of the graduating class (54%) accepted employment opportunities in Europe, while the rest moved to North America (17%) and Asia (16%) post-MBA.
The Oxford university MBA placement breakdown by region is presented below:
|Region||Mean salary (£)||Min salary (£)||Max salary (£)|
|Africa – Sub Saharan||£52,221||£39,204||£66,262|
|Australia & Oceania||NA||NA||NA|
|Europe (excl. the UK)||£83,191||£45,253||£114,872|
Saïd Business School MBA Program: Top Recruiters
Saïd Business School’s rich and diverse student body attracts the largest corporations in the world headquartered in and out of the UK. The companies below have recruited 3 or more Oxford MBAs this past year:
- Bain & Company
- Ernst & Young
- McKinsey & Company
- Oliver Wyman
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Barclays Bank
Oxford MBA – Saïd Business School: Notable Alumni
The Oxford MBA Alumni has more than 19,000 members in more than 145 countries. Notable members of this elite network include:
- Patrick Grant, Director of Norton and Sons of Savile Row
- Tyler Winkelvoss, co-founder of Winkelvoss Capital Management
- Cameron Winkelvoss, co-founder of Winkelvoss Capital Management
- Shawn Baldwin, chairman of AIA Group
- Elizabeth Filippouli, founder of Global Thinkers
- Javed Afridi, CEO of Haier Pakistan Ltd.
- Faisal Butt, founder of Spire Ventures
- Jane Silber, former CEO and board member of Canonical Ltd.
- Lord Michael Bates, British Minister of State in The Dept. of International Development
- Caryn Davies, 3-time Olympian, 2-time Gold, and 1-time Silver medal winner
- James L. Hall II, Versa Ventures Ltd.
- Claire Diaz-Ortiz, best-selling author and founder of Hope Runs
- Colin Smith, British rower, 2-time world cup winner and Silver medal winning Olympian
- Papa CJ, stand-up comic and motivational speaker
Other MBA programs you may consider
Match Schools: University of Cambridge (Judge), IESE Business School
Safety Schools: IE Business School, SDA Bocconi, Nanyang Business School