Ranked Number 20 by the US News & World Report for its Full-time MBA, Emory Goizueta Business School celebrated its 100th anniversary this year! Named after its long term benefactor, Roberto Goizueta – who led The Coca Cola Company from 1981-97, The Emory Goizueta Business School’s teaching methodology is based on his leadership and business values.
As a part of the Emory University, the Goizueta Business School benefits from its world-class research facilities and 70+ cutting-edge research centers. If Emory MBA is your target MBA program, this article will help you in researching the class profile, and career prospects its full-time MBA program can offer you.
Here is the outline of this article:
- General Information on Emory Goizueta Business School Full-time MBA Program
- Emory Goizueta Business School MBA Program – Class profile, cost of attendance, median salary, average GMAT
- Emory MBA Application Deadlines 2019-2020
- Goizueta Business School employment report of graduating class of 2019
- Goizueta Business School – Notable alumni
- Other MBA programs you should consider
General Information on the Emory Goizueta Business School Full-time (2-year) MBA Program
Location – Goizueta Business School, Emory University, 1300 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322
Dean: Erika H. James
Admissions Office – Goizueta Business School, Emory University, 1300 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30322
- Phone: (404) 727-6311
- Email: MBAadmissions@emory.edu
- Social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube
Emory MBA Program – Class profile, cost of attendance, average GMAT and GPA
Below are the details of the Emory Goizueta Business School full-time (2-year) MBA program’s class profile, cost of attendance, median salary, average GMAT and GPA. Here is the list of the total cost (tuition fee + living expenses) of top MBA programs across the world.
|S. No.||Emory Goizueta Business School||Numbers|
|2||Class Size (enrolled in the class of 2020)||181|
|3||GMAT Range||640 – 740|
|4||Tuition fee(2-year MBA)||$135,084|
|5||Percentage of class offered jobs||95%|
|6||Average Base Salary||$127,248|
Emory Goizueta Business School MBA Incoming class profile 2020
Emory MBA incoming class of 2020 has 181 students. 30% are women candidates and 28% are international citizens. The class’ average work experience stands at 5.5 years.
|GMAT Scores||640 – 740|
|Undergraduate GPA (Average)||3.3|
|% of women in the class||31%|
|% of international citizens||35%|
|Average years of work experience||5.5|
Emory MBA Application Deadlines 2019-2020
For the Emory Goizueta Business School full-time MBA, the candidates need to complete the application online and also send the additional materials by post to the school. The application process includes all the usual components of MBA admission such as the student’s resume, 2 written essays, and 1 video essay, 2 letters of recommendation, GMAT/GRE scores, TOEFL/IELTS scores (if applicable), transcripts of all academic work, and the $175 application fee. The interviews are invitation only and form an important part of the whole selection process.
As always, the competition is fierce, and it is very important that you have your application ready by Round 1 or Round 2. Learn here why applying in Round 1 or Round 2 is important.
|Emory Goizueta Business School Application Round||Application Deadline||Admissions Decision|
|Round 1||October 4, 2019||November 22, 2019|
|Round 2||November 15, 2019||January 24, 2020|
|Round 3||January 10, 2020||March 13, 2020 (Domestic) |
March 20, 2020 (International)
|Round 4||March 13, 2020||May 1, 2020|
Emory Goizueta Business School MBA employment report of graduating class of 2019
Most of MBA graduates of Emory Goizueta Business School entered the Consulting Industry (38%), with Financial Services coming a distant second with 19% of the job offers.
In keeping with the industry-wide trend, Consulting industry paid the highest salaries with the median base salary coming to $140,000 along with a median signing bonus of $25,000.
Here’s a detailed look at the employment statistics by industry, job function, and location.
Employment by Industry
The top three industries – Consulting (38%), Financial Services (19%) and Technology (16%) accounted for most of the recruitments of the graduating class of 2018 at Goizueta Business School. Consumer Products, Transportation, Healthcare and Communications were some of the other industries who offered students opportunities.
Below is the detailed employment report of Emory Goizueta Business School outgoing MBA class of 2018.
Employment by Function
The students of Emory Goizueta Business School overwhelming opted for Consulting functions – 42% of the MBA class of 2018 took on job profiles in consulting and were offered the highest salaries in the class. Finance and Marketing were two other popular roles with each attracting 22% of the class.
Employment by location
96% of the students of Emory Goizueta Business School full-time MBA took on jobs offers from within the United States. A third of the 2018 MBA class was made up of International students, but only 4% accepted job offers outside the US.
|North America Regions||Percent||Average||Median||Min||Max|
Emory MBA – Major Employers
These companies hired three or more MBA graduates of Emory Goizueta Business School.
- Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
- Grant Thorton LLP
Emory Goizueta Business School – Notable alumni
Goizueta Business School of Emory University boasts itself on a strong network of 18000 alumni.
Some of its most notable alumni are:
- Vladimer “Lado” Gurgenidze, Sixth Prime Minister of Georgia
- Marvin Ellison, President and Chief Executive Officer of Lowe’s
- Ali Frost, VP of Marketing, Greg Norman Company
- Jared Susco, Chief Financial Officer, Benefits Data Trust (Philadelphia)
- Vishal Jain, Assistant Director, Trott Business Program at The University of Chicago
- Scott W. Hawley, Managing Director, Kaplan Residential
- Lundyn Carter, Co-Founder & Chief Marketing Officer, Laine London
- Jorge Luciani, Associate Director, Procurement Category Management, Kite Pharma
- Adam Parker, Director, Carter
- Tom Amster, Senior Managing Director, Head of U.S. Financial Sponsors, Macquarie Capital
- Jonathan Baker, Co-Founder, and CMO, Monday Night Brewery
- Lauren Dawson, Advancing Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, LinkedIn