ISB YLP (Young Leaders Programme) is apt for those students who are in the final or the pre-final year of their undergraduate or post-graduate or joint degree programs. The purpose of the ISB YLP is to groom and train students who plan to pursue business management education but do not have the required work experience or academic credentials to get entry into the full-time program. Based on similar lines as HBS 2+2 Program, ISB’s YLP is one of its kind, a unique MBA program in India. We are sure you must have more questions on this program by now. Read further to explore all the information related to the ISB Young Leaders Programme (YLP).
- What is the eligibility for the ISB YLP?
- What is the application process of the ISB YLP?
- What are the application deadlines and application fee for the ISB YLP?
- Are there any scholarships specifically for YLP candidates?
- What is ISB Young Leaders Programme complete admissions process?
- Who is ISB YLP looking for?
- How to get into the ISB YLP?
- Does ISB admissions committee conduct any admission events for YLP?
- Are there any other programs similar to ISB YLP?
What is the eligibility criteria for the ISB YLP?
To be eligible for the ISB Young Leaders Programme, you must be in the final or pre-final year of your undergraduate or postgraduate education.
What is the application process of the ISB Young Leaders Programme?
The application process of ISB Young Leaders programme is divided into 3 stages.
Stage 1 – Submit the application form with one essay and the required fee
Stage 2 – Submit two essays and one recommendation letter with GMAT/ GRE scores
Stage 3 – Face to face interview
You will need to submit the following details for Stage 1 of the ISB YLP admission process:
- Personal and contact information
- Academic information
- Awards and initiatives
- Application fee
Note – The essay for this stage is the most important part of the application process. You have to write an essay on one of the two topics given:
- Narrate an incident that had the most profound influence on you or
- Write about your personality and how YLP would help you develop yourself further
The word limit is 300 words.
What are the application deadlines for the ISB YLP?
The deadlines for admission to ISB YLP 2019 are as follows:
Application Deadlines – ISB YLP
15-Sep-2019 to 15-Oct-2019
What is the application fee for the ISB Young Leaders Programme?
The application fee for the ISB YLP is INR 3,000/- which should be paid online.
Are there any scholarships specifically for ISB YLP candidates?
Each successful ISB YLP candidate is awarded a scholarship of INR 100,000. You can also apply for other ISB scholarships.
What is ISB Young Leaders Programme admissions process?
- Apply to the YLP online
- Complete the application process
- Complete the 3 stages of application
- If selected, attend the YLP’s Learning and assessment modules
- Gather a work experience of 20 months post selection
- Join the ISB full-time PGP
Who is ISB Young Leaders Programme looking for?
Apart from your being in the final or pre-final year of your degree, there are some qualities which the ISB admissions committee looks for. There are 4 things they’ll look for in your ISB YLP application:
- Academic and analytical credentials
- Quality of your extracurricular activities
- Leadership potential
- Personal attributes
An ideal ISB YLP candidate is the one who has been outstanding in academics as well as extracurricular activities. If you are a high performing individual then it assures the ISB admissions committee that you can ‘get through’ the rigorous MBA program of the ISB.
How to get into the ISB YLP?
To get into the ISB Young Leaders Programme you have to showcase that you have been a high performer during your undergraduate or postgraduate education and you have the analytical and leadership potential to tackle real business problems in a team once you graduate.
A few ways you can impress the admissions committee of ISB YLP are:
- Score 700+ on the GMAT
- A high GPA
- Outstanding curricular activities (state or national level)
- Awards or initiatives you took
- Write compelling essays
- Get a well-crafted recommendation letter
If you are planning to take the GMAT, we can help you with a personalized study plan and give you access to quality online content to prepare. Write to us at email@example.com. We are the most reviewed GMAT prep company on gmatclub with more than 1800 reviews (as on Feb 15, 2019). Why don’t you take a free trial and judge it for yourself?
Does ISB admissions committee conduct any admission events for YLP?
Yes, it does. As part of the ISB YLP admission process, the admissions committee will conduct 2 webinars. The details are as follows:
Date & Time
|YLP 2019 Stagen1 Orientation Webinar||Thursday, January 10, 2019 – 6 PM||Click to register|
|YLP 2019 Stage 1 Orientation Webinar||Sunday, February 3, 2019 – 11 AM||Click to register|
Are there any other programs similar to ISB YLP?
Yes. Following are the MBA programs similar to the ISB YLP
- HBS 2+2 program
- Yale Silver Scholars program
- Booth ScholarspProgram
So, if you are in the final or pre-final year of your degree program and wish to learn the nuances of business from one of the best business schools in India, ISB YLP will be a good fit for you. If you have any doubts or suggestions regarding GMAT preparation or MBA admissions do write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org