Georgetown McDonough School of Business started out as an undergraduate program within the School of Foreign Service in 1936. The School of Business Administration was launched in 1967, and the first MBA program was started in 1981. Its latest avatar is due to the generosity of Robert Emmett McDonough, who graduated from the School of Foreign Service in 1949 and gifted $30 million to the school.
Today, the McDonough School of Business of the University of Georgetown in Washington DC serves close to 1,400 undergraduates, 1,400 MBA, and other graduate students, and 700 executive program participants. The Financial Times ranks Georgetown McDonough #19 in its list of top business schools in the US (2022).
If Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business is your target business school, this article will help you in researching the class profile, and career prospects its full-time MBA program can offer you.
Here is the outline of this article:
- General Information on the McDonough School of Business Full-time MBA Program
- Georgetown McDonough MBA Application Deadlines 2023-2024
- McDonough School of Business employment report of graduating class of 2022
- McDonough School of Business – notable alumni
General Information on the McDonough School of Business Full-time MBA Program
Location – McDonough School of Business, Rafik B. Hariri Building, 3700 O St NW, Washington DC 20057
Admissions Office – McDonough School of Business, Rafik B. Hariri Building, 3700 O St NW, Washington DC 20057
Dean: Paul Almeida
Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business Full-time MBA Program – Class profile, cost of attendance, median salary- Class of 2024
Below are the details of the McDonough School of Business full-time MBA program’s class profile, cost of attendance, median salary.
|Georgetown McDonough School of Business||Numbers|
|Class Size (2024)||249|
|Tuition fee (2023-2024)||$62,370|
|% received job offers three months after graduation (Class of 2022)||96%|
|Average Salary (Class of 2022)||$138,552|
|Average Signing Bonus (Class of 2022)||$36,342|
Here is the list of the total cost (tuition fee + living expenses) of top MBA programs across the world.
McDonough School of Business MBA incoming class profile 2024
Georgetown Mcdonough MBA program enrolled 249 students in its incoming class of 2024. The average GMAT score of its MBA class of 2024 is 697 with an average undergraduate GPA of 3.29.
Below are some more details of the McDonough MBA class of 2024.
|Georgetown McDonough School of Business||Numbers|
|Years of Experience||5.7 years|
|Average Age||29 years|
|% of women in the class||34%|
|% of international citizens||42%|
Georgetown McDonough – Pre MBA Industry of the class of 2024
The students of the full-time MBA class of 2024 come from a vast range of industries. However, 3 industries stand out in terms of the pre-MBA experience of the students. Financial Services, Consulting, and Technology accounted for close to 40% of the work experience the students brought with them to the classroom.*
|Technology & New Media||8%|
Georgetown McDonough MBA Application Deadlines 2023-2024
At the McDonough School of Business, the admission process is pretty holistic and considers several aspects to select the best-fit candidate. The process of admission requires the students to submit several components – These are GMAT/GRE scores, Resume, Transcripts of all academic work, 1 written essay and 1 video essay, 1 recommendation letter, and the nonrefundable $175 application fee. Shortlisted candidates are called for the final interview.
As always, the competition is fierce, and it is very important that you have your application ready by Round 1 or Round 2.
Learn here why applying in Round 1 or Round 2 is important.
|McDonough MBA Application Round||Application Deadline||Admissions Decision|
|Round 1||September 28, 2022||December 8, 2022|
|Round 2||January 5, 2023||March 21, 2023|
|Round 3||March 30, 2023||May 4, 2023|
|Round 4||May 2, 2023||May 31, 2023|
McDonough School of Business employment report of graduating class of 2022
96% of the graduating class of 2022 received job offers within 90 days of graduation. 95% of the students accepted the offer. Most of the job offers came from three main industries – Consulting (29%), Financial services (25%), and Technology (18%). In line with industry placement trends, the best salaries were offered by the Consulting industry – the average salary offered was $159,391.
Here’s a detailed look at the employment statistics by industry, job function, and location.
Employment by Industry
About one-third of the class of 2022 accepted offers from the Consulting industry. The second highest recruiting industry is Financial Services, with 25% of the class accepting job offers and followed by Technology, hiring 18% of the class.
Below is the detailed employment report of the McDonough School of Business class of 2022.*
|Industry||Percent||Average Annual Salary|
|Manufacturing / Transportation||2%||$100,786|
|Other: Energy, Entertainment, Hospitality, Media, Sports||3%||$123,333|
|Social Impact / Nonprofit / Government||7%||$ 99,872|
Employment by function
By far the largest number of McDonough School of Business graduates took up Consulting related roles – 33% of the class. Marketing and Sales accounted for 15% of the job roles offered and Finance related profiles touched 26%.
|Finance / Advisory / M&A||5%||$154,000|
|General / Strategy / Management||23%||$154,451|
|Operations / Logistics / Supply Chain||2%||$170,000|
|Finance / Accounting|
|Investment Banking (Including Private Equity)||9%||$160,625|
|Private Wealth Management and Commercial Banking||2%||$133,250|
|Management: General, Product, Project, HR, IT||16%||$125,236|
|Marketing / Sales|
|Sales / Business Development||2%||$120,000|
|Operations / Logistics / Procurement||3%||$121,000|
McDonough MBA major employers
- American Express
- International Finance Corporation
- M&T Bank
- Navy Federal Credit Union
- Wells Fargo Securities
McDonough School of Business – notable alumni
McDonough School of Business boasts a community of 19,000+ alumni. Some of its notable alumni are as follows:
- Ray Peloso, President and Chief Executive Officer, Katabat
- Alison Davis, Vice President, J.P. Morgan
- Jacqueline Abbey, Founder and President, NorthPoint Strategy
- Shubber Ali, Innovation Ninja, Accenture
- Jennifer Meyer, Real Estate Salesperson, McClellan Sotheby's International Realty
- Elizabeth Pollock, Senior Marketing Manager, PepsiCo
- Tara Scalia Quilty, Associate Wealth Management Advisor, Northwestern Mutual
- Colleen Arons, Co-Founder/CEO, Micasa Technologies LLC
- John Bottimore, Vice President, International Business Development, BAE Systems Inc.
- Robert Burger, Chief Operating Officer, Sterne Kessler Goldstein & Fox PLLC
- Stuart Chapman, Senior Associate, Strategic Investment Group
- Koma Fischbein, Executive Director, Morgan Stanley
- Bob Fragola, Vice President Business Services, Global Tel Link
- Charles Harris, Principal, Stoneworth Financial
- Jeremy Jonker, Vice President, Head of Corporate Development, M&A Integration and Corporate Ventures, Paypal
- Frank Manzella, Chief Development Officer, Press Ganey
- Lisa Mayr, Chief Financial Officer, EVERFI
- Justin McMahan, Director, CitiBank
- Bradford Page, Director, Head of Environmental Services William Blair & Co.
- Preston Parker, Partner, KPMG LLP
- Al Ribeiro, Chief of Staff and Senior Director of Operations, Pfizer Inc.
- Elizabeth Ross-Ronchi, Vice President of Global Field Enablement, American Express
- Avinash Sahi, Vice President of Global Innovation. Johnson Controls
- Devin Thomas, Executive Director, Morgan Stanley
- Bill Van Dyke, Senior Director, Apple Inc.
- Sandeep Vishnu, Partner, Capco
Georgetown McDonough campus Image source