Founded in 1961, IIM Ahmedabad was conceived as an idea of excellence by an eminent scientist of his time- Vikram Sarabhai. The institution is known for having one of the most dedicated faculty pools and academic robustness. After collaborating with the Harvard Business School, IIM A brought about a change in the way they handled management education. They introduced the case-study based approach for management education, which proved to be quite effective and has become a way of life at the institution.
IIM Ahmedabad offers three different post-graduate management programs:
- Two-year postgraduate program in management (MBA)
- Two-year postgraduate program in food and agri-business management (MBA-FABM)
- One-year full-time post-graduate program in management for executives (MBA-PGPX)
In this article, we are going to present details about the class profile, cost of education placement statistics, and other essential information about the IIM Ahmedabad PGPX.
Here is the outline of this article:
- IIM Ahmedabad: General information
- Trivia about IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Ahmedabad PGPX 2020 – Incoming class profile
- IIM Ahmedabad PGPX admissions information
- IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Placements 2019
- IIM Ahmedabad PGPX – Major employers
General information about IIM Ahmedabad
Location: Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Vastrapur, Ahmedabad, Gujrat, India, 380015.
Admission Office (for MBA-PGPX):
Manager, PGPX, PGPX Office, New Campus, IMDC Block,
Indian Institute of Management, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad,
Gujarat 380 015
Phone: +91-79-6632 4449/50
Fax: +91-79-6632 4447
Trivia about IIM Ahmedabad
- The Financial Times Executive Education Ranking 2019 placed IIM Ahmedabad at the 44th place in its list of top 50 B-schools around the world.
- IIM Ahmedabad takes pride in having 100 percent faculties with doctorates.
- The Committee for Managing Gender Issues (CMGI) at IIM-A works towards maintaining gender neutrality and shaping a safe environment for women.
- One of the unique features of IIM-A is its Student’s Personal and Career Development Centre (SPCDC). It is an on-campus counseling facility that helps the students as well as the staff members, address their psychological concerns. IIM-A takes the mental health of its members very seriously.
IIM Ahmedabad PGPX incoming class profile 2019-20
The incoming PGPX class of 2020 at IIM Ahmedabad is quite diverse, with the average work experience of the students at almost 9 years. Moreover, the PGPX class of 2020 also saw a rise in gender diversity from the previous years, with an increase in the percentage of female students from 17% to 23%.
The image below highlights details about IIM Ahmedabad’s PGPX class profile for the class of 2020:
IIMA PGPX admissions information
IIM Ahmedabad introduced the MBA-PGPX program (one-year full-time post-graduate program in management for the executive) in 2006. If you are an aspiring applicant, you must get yourself acquainted with the eligibility criteria, application deadlines and the admission process for the PGPX program. The succeeding sections will help you understand the important details:
Eligibility Criteria for IIMA PGPX 2021 admissions
If you are seeking admission for the PGPX class of 2020-2021, you must fulfill the following criteria before applying for the program :
- You must be at least 25 years of age as on March 30, 2020.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- You must have at least four years of full-time work experience after the completion of your bachelor’s degree or equivalent (as on March 30, 2020)
- You must have a valid GMAT or GRE score (Earliest date of taking the test should be: for Round 1- August 28, 2014, and for Round 2- October 25, 2014.)
Application Deadlines for IIMA PGPX 2021 Admissions
The process of application for IIMA PGPX can be summed up into the following three steps:
- Online registration
- Submission of the online application.
- Payment of application fees.
IIM Ahmedabad has rolled out two rounds of applications to allot its seats for admission into the PGPX class of 2020-21. The table below shows the application deadlines and the application fee for both rounds:
|Application Deadline||Application Fee|
|Round 1||August 27, 2019 (11:59pm IST)||INR 5,000/-|
|Round 2||October 24, 2019 (11:59 pm IST)||INR 7,500/-|
Note: For the round 2 application, the candidates can start to apply from August 28, 2019, onwards.
IIM Ahmedabad PGPX 2021: Admission process
You must go through three rigorous stages of the admission process to get selected for the PGPX program at IIM Ahmedabad:
- Submission of Application: For the first stage of the admission process, you are required to complete the online registration through the application portal and submit the filled-up online application before the deadline (check the deadlines for both the rounds of application in the above section)
Once you submit your application, it is going to be reviewed by the admission panel. If you are shortlisted, you will be notified about the selection for the next round. (Date of Notification: September 9, 2019, for Round 1 applicants and November 9, 2019, for round 2 applicants)
- Essay submission: If your application gets shortlisted after stage 1 of the admission process, you will be required to submit an essay on the topic provided by the admission committee within a specific time
- For round 1 applicants, the stipulated time to submit the essay is September 9-14, 2019
- For round 2 applicants, the stipulated time to submit their essay is November 9-14, 2019
- Personal Interviews: The next stage of the selection process into the IIM-A PGPX includes personal interviews. The shortlisted candidates will be notified about their proceedings to the next stage. For the PGPX class of 2020-21 admission process, IIM Ahmedabad will arrange for personal interviews in four domestic locations and two international locations.
The details for personal interviews of IIM A PGPX in both the rounds of application are shown in the table below:
|Location||IIM A PGPX (Round 1) Personal Interview Dates||IIM A PGPX (Round 2) Personal Interview Dates|
|Ahmedabad||September 20-21, 2019||November 23-24, 2019|
|Delhi||September 20-21, 2019||November 23-24, 2019|
|Mumbai||September 28-29, 2019||November 30 and December 1, 2019|
|Bangalore||October 5-6, 2019||December 7-8, 2019|
|London/New York||October 12-13, 2019||December 14-15, 2019|
The offer and waitlist decision after the personal interview rounds will be notified on October 21, 2019 for the round 1 applicants, and on December 27, 2019 for the round 2 applicants.
IIM Ahmedabad PGPX – Cost of Attendance
The programme fee for PGPX class of 2020-21 is INR 25,00,000, which is inclusive of tuition fees, accommodation, food (for SSH), course materials and books, and services like library, internet, etc.
Besides the bundled cost, students will be required to pay for utilities as per their usage. (electricity, laundry, telephone, gym, etc.)
Note: The fees mentioned above do not include the cost for International Immersion Program (IIP). Depending on the destination where the student chooses to attend the program, the IIP cost can range from INR 2.5 lakhs to 3.5 lakhs.
IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Placements 2019
Over the years, IIM Ahmedabad has shown steady growth in its placement stats. Most of the students get placed during the on-campus placement drives, while the others get placed off-campus within three months of graduating. The below table depicts the placement reports for the years 2016-2019, along with the number of students who got placed on-campus and off-campus.
IIMA PGPX placement reports (2016-2019)
The table below depicts an overview of the recent placement trends for IIM Ahmedabad’s PGPX class (2016-2019):
|Total Eligible Students||137||113||91||85|
|Students placed Off-Campus||20||15||12||18|
|No. who accepted offers||114||94||67||61|
IIMA PGPX industry-wise placement statistics
The table below shows an industry-wise distribution of the recent placement trends for IIM Ahmedabad’s PGPX class (2016-2019):
The pie-chart below highlights the industry-wise distribution of all the offers made during the PGPX placement season of 2019 (in %):
IIMA PGPX function-wise placement statistics
The table below shows the function-wise distribution of recent placement trends for IIMA PGPX (2016-2019):
The pie-chart below highlights the function-wise distribution of all the offers made during the PGPX placement season of 2019 (in %):
IIMA PGPX Salary reports 2016 – 2019
|Salary (in INR)||2019||2018||2017||2016|
IIMA PGPX Major Employers
Here is a list of the companies that have hired more than three IIM Ahmedabad PGPX graduates during the 2019 placement season:
- Accenture Strategy
- The Boston Consulting Group
- J P Morgan
- Aditya Birla group