IIM Bangalore was founded in 1973 and was only the third IIM established after IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Calcutta. Recently, the institute has been declared as an ‘institute of national importance’ under the IIM act of 2017. IIM Bangalore offers five degree-granting programs in post-graduation management studies:
- PGP in Management
- Executive PGP (EPGP) in Management
- PGP in Enterprise Management
- PGP in Public Policy and Management
- PGP (Business Analytics)
In this article, we are going to shed light on some important details about IIM Bangalore’s EPGP in management, such as its current class profile, upcoming application deadlines and cost of attendance, its placement stats, and the notable alumni.
Here is an outline of this article:
- IIM Bangalore – General information
- Trivia about IIM Bangalore
- IIM Bangalore EPGP incoming class profile
- IIM Bangalore EPGP admission information
- IIM Bangalore EPGP placement reports
- IIM Bangalore EPGP major recruiters
- IIM Bangalore EPGP notable alumni
IIM Bangalore – General Information
Address of contact: Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru, India.
Tel: +91 80 2699 3013 / 3017
Programme Information (EPGP):
Tel: +91 80 2699 3548 / 3759
Contact hours: 9:30 am-1:00 pm / 2:00 pm-5:30 pm (Monday to Friday)
Trivia about IIM Bangalore
- The then Prime Minister of India, Mrs Indira Gandhi, inaugurated IIM Bangalore on October 28, 1978.
- While the current IIM Bangalore campus is spread over 100 acres of land, the institute operated from St. Joseph’s College of Commerce and other rented buildings during its initial years.
- IIM Bangalore, in association with Toulouse Business school, launched India’s first executive general management program in the field of aviation and aerospace management.
IIM Bangalore EPGP incoming class profile
IIM B believes, professionals from different industries bring a spectrum of experiences to the table, which can help the students open-up their field of view regarding their careers. And this idea reflects in their current EPGP batch. The EPGP class of 2020 at IIM Bangalore witnessed admission from candidates with diverse backgrounds, ranging from industries like Banks and financial institutions to engineering, manufacturing and IT products & services.
The image below highlights statistics about the class profile of incoming EPGP 2020 class, along with details about the average work experience, GMAT score range and gender ratio:
IIM Bangalore EPGP admission information
The EPGP program at IIM Bangalore started in 2009 with a batch size of 70. The program aims at providing the mid-level and senior-level professionals with a platform that would help them further their career in leadership roles.
If you are planning for admission into IIM B’s EPGP class of 2020-21, then you must get yourself acquainted with details about the same, such as the application process, application deadline, and the cost of education. The upcoming sections will throw some light on these details.
Application Deadline for EPGP Class of 2021
For the EPGP class of 2021, IIM Bangalore is accepting applications in two rounds. The details about the application deadlines and application fee for both rounds are presented in the table below:
|Round 1||Round 2|
|Application Deadline||August 29, 2019 (5:00 pm)||November 28, 2019 (Round 2 application starts on September 3, 2019)|
|Application Fee||INR 3,000||INR 5,000|
Eligibility criteria for IIMB EPGP admission
Before you decide to apply for admission into IIM Bangalore’s EPGP class of 2021, you must make sure that you fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be a graduate with at least 50% CGPA. (For SC, ST and PwD category applicants, the minimum CGPA requirement is 45%)
- You must have at least 5 years of full-time work experience as on March 31, 2020. (only the work experience after graduation is considered)
- You must have a valid GMAT or GRE score.
Besides providing the documents to prove the eligibility criteria mentioned above, you will also be required to provide the following:
- A Statement of Purpose (SOP) that explains your reason for pursuing the program, along with your future goals.
- Two letters of recommendation. (On-line) (From an individual who is in position to evaluate your past performances, for example, your employer)
IIMB EPGP Cost of attendance
The total cost of attendance for IIM B’s EPGP has three significant components: tuition fee, international immersion fee and the accommodation charges. The tuition fee covers all the significant expenses such as the cost of education, books and course materials, internet, library, career counselling, etc.
The tuition fee and international immersion program cost remain the same for all the students. The cost of accommodation varies, depending upon the type of accommodation the student chooses.
The table below lists down the details about the total cost of attendance for IIM B’s EPGP:
|Tuition Fee||INR 21,19,000|
|International Immersion Program Fee||INR 3,00,000|
|Accommodation Charges||INR 1,50,000 (for shared living space) |
INR 2,85,000 (for family accommodation)
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||INR 20,000|
IIMB EPGP 2021 admission process
The admission process for the EPGP at IIM Bangalore consists of three steps:
- Submission of online application: In the first step, you will need to send the completed online application through the application portal. Your application will be evaluated to check if it meets all the eligibility criteria. Once it is done, it is forwarded to the admission committee for further evaluation.
- Application and SOP evaluation: In the next step, the admission committee evaluates your application along with your statement of purpose (SOP). If they deem your application qualified, you will be shortlisted for the final round, which is a personal interview.
- Personal interview: The interview panel comprises of three interviewers: two IIM B faculties and an IIM B alumnus. The personal interview will be focused on evaluating you on the quality of your past performances, leadership skills, etc. The details about the interview dates and centres for round 1 and round 2 applicants are shown in the table below:
|Round 1 Applications||Round 2 Applications|
|Interview Dates||September 28 and 29, 2019||December 14 and 15, 2019|
|Interview Location||Bangalore, New Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai||Bangalore, New Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai|
Once you have successfully crossed all the three steps of the admission process, the admission committee will decide on allotting you a seat for the EPGP based on the following parameter:
- Your academic track records
- Your quality of work experience (a minimum of 5 years work experience is mandatory to apply for EPGP program)
- Your GMAT/GRE scores
- Your performance in the interview
- And, your performance in the writing ability test
IIM Bangalore EPGP placement reports
The executive education programs are fast catching up with the interest of recruiters. And the year after year increase in the demand for students from executive program is a proof to it. The 2019 placement season at IIM Bangalore witnessed better offers than the previous years. A total of 72 students from the EPGP class of 2019 sat for the placements, while one student decided to join back the previous company. The upcoming sections are going to shed light on the key trends related to EPGP 2019 placement and salary stats.
IIMB EPGP 2019 placements report
The table below depicts the statistics about the placements for the EPGP class of 2019:
|Number of interviewing firms||73|
|Number of offers||64|
|Number of students who remained unplaced (till 30th March 2019)||08|
IIMB EPGP 2019 industry-wise placement report
The EPGP 2019 placement season saw students venturing into diverse industries, with the highest number of students getting placed in the consulting industry. The below table sheds light on the industry-wise placement reports for the IIM B EPGP class of 2019:
|IT service||8 (12.31%)|
|IT product||2 (3.08%)|
Here is a pie-chart representation of industry-wise placement reports for IIM Bangalore’s EPGP class of 2019:
IIMB EPGP 2019 salary report
The average salary secured by the graduates from IIM Bangalore’s executive program during the 2019 placement season was INR 26.28 lacs, whereas the median salary was INR 25 lacs. This was a 13 per cent (approx.) jump in the average salary from the previous year (average salary offered during EPGP 2018 placement season was INR 23.5 lacs).
|Median Salary||INR 25.00 lakhs|
|Mean Salary||INR 26.28 lakhs|
IIMB EPGP 2019 Major Recruiters
Below is a list of companies that have made more than or equal to 3 recruitments from the EPGP class of 2019 from IIM Bangalore:
Major Recruiting Companies:
- Accenture (7 recruitments)
- Genpact (6 recruitments)
- Infosys Consulting (4 recruitments)
- ITC Infotech (4 recruitments)
- Sterlite (4 recruitments)
- Quantiphi (3 recruitments)
- SigTuple (3 recruitments)
- McKinsey & Co. (3 recruitments)
- L&T Infotech (3 recruitments)
IIM Bangalore EPGP Notable Alumni
Here is a list of some of the most notable alumni from IIM Bangalore’s EPGP:
- Ananth Chandramouli (EPGP Class of 2010), Managing Director, Local Business Services, Capgemini;
- Umang Varma (EPGP Class of 2011), Principal Consultant – Digital Innovation, Oracle,
- Himanshu Joshi (EPGP Class of 2012), Product Management and Analytics, Abof.
- Sunil Prasad (EPGP Class of 2010), Delivery Head, Adobe