In the last 18 months, more than 3,200 students have experienced our Live courses and more than 90% have improved 100 points or higher. While students love attending the live sessions and interacting with our top-rated instructors, many students have asked for two things – a faster turnaround for batches and increased coverage of core skills. With this release, we are addressing both these problems.
1. What is new in GMAT Live Prep 3.0
Optimized Live Session content
Our experts have modified the Live session content to help you prepare more efficiently. We focus on personalized approach towards learning. As you complete learning the concepts and processes in optimum time, you get more time to work on your weak areas and refine your ability specific to your needs.
Easy to follow schedule
The verbal free sessions have been de-coupled from the live sessions batch calendar as most of you have already attended the same. You will see only the paid sessions in the schedule. The content of these sessions has been updated so that you do not miss out on any learning. The focus is to teach you maximum application in an optimum amount of time.
However, you still get to access the free sessions from your course dashboard. You can still go through the recordings of the same or attend the sessions live whenever they are conducted.
1.1. New Session Details
A brief overview of the sessions is as below:
Sentence Correction sessions will teach you the meaning-based approach for solving Verb tenses, Parallelism and Modifiers questions in SC.
- SC1 – This session will teach you the meaning-based approach to solve Verb Tenses questions. Use of the correct verb tense is not a matter of intuition but requires a clear knowledge of the context of the sentence.
- SC2 – This session will teach you the meaning-based approach to solve Parallelism questions. You will see how by understanding the intended meaning the identification of lists becomes a cakewalk. You will see how the meaning helps you identify the lists that are not perfectly grammatical. In addition, you will learn the basics behind ellipsis as it pertains to comparisons in the sentence.
- SC3 – This session will teach you the meaning-based approach to solve Modifiers questions. You will see how understanding the intended meaning helps with determining the role and usage of modifiers. You will solve questions pertaining to all sorts of modifiers – prepositional phrase modifiers, verb-ing modifiers, noun + noun modifiers. You will learn about scenarios in which one modifier works but the other does not.
Critical Reasoning sessions that will teach you how to apply the pre-thinking approach to Evaluate, Strengthen& Weaken and Bold face questions.
- CR1 – This session will teach you how to apply the pre-thinking approach to solve Evaluate questions. You will learn how to prethink assumptions and possible answers to “Evaluate” questions even before looking at the option statements.
- CR2 – This session will teach you how to apply the pre-thinking approach to solve Strengthen & Weaken questions. You will learn how to build strengtheners and weakeners around assumptions discovered in pre-thinking. You’ll also learn some of the very common traps built in these question types.
- CR3 – This session will teach you how to apply the pre-thinking approach to solve Bold Face questions. The approach that you will learn will be scientific yet simple. You will also learn the terminologies used in option statements and some of the very common traps built in Bold Face question types.
An extensive Reading Comprehension session that will teach you how to read a passage of any length and topic effectively so that it becomes simple to comprehend what the author wants to communicate through the passage. You no longer need to attend 2 RC sessions to complete your learning.
Be a part of the batch starting on 9th February 2019. Click here to view the upcoming session calendar – Live Session Schedule.