e-GMAT Live courses with 4X more focus on application have helped more than 90% of live prep students to improve by more than 100 points. In our endeavor to make the sessions more suited to our students’ needs we have revamped the live session schedule. This will address the two most common requests from students – a faster turnaround for batches and increased coverage of core skills.
The new Live sessions will benefit you in the following ways,
- Faster batch completion – A GLP batch (containing both Verbal and Quant live sessions) will end in only 10 weeks now instead of 16 weeks required earlier.
- Increased Frequency of batches – A batch will start every 2 weeks so that you need not wait long for a batch to start.
- New instructors onboard – Our students love interacting with the top-rated instructors who work with us. To take it a level further we have more such amazing and top-rated instructors onboard with us.
- Increased Sessions – In this new schedule we will be conducting 10 sessions for Verbal instead of 7 earlier. To understand what the sessions will offer continue reading.
New Session Details
A brief overview of the sessions is as below:
Sentence Correction sessions will teach you the meaning-based approach for solving Verb tenses, Parallelism and Modifiers questions in SC.
- SC1 – In this session you will learn how to approach Sentence Correction (SC) questions. Often students focus only on the grammar rules and miss the big picture behind the SC questions. This session will unravel the most optimum and effective approach for SC questions.
- SC2 – This session will teach you the meaning-based approach to solve Verb Tenses questions. Use of the correct verb tense is not a matter of intuition but requires a clear knowledge of the context of the sentence.
- SC3 – This session will teach you the meaning-based approach to solve Parallelism questions. You will see how by understanding the intended meaning the identification of lists becomes a cakewalk. You will see how the meaning helps you identify the lists that are not perfectly grammatical. In addition, you will learn the basics behind ellipsis as it pertains to comparisons in the sentence.
- SC4 – This session will teach you the meaning-based approach to solve Modifiers questions. You will see how understanding the intended meaning helps with determining the role and usage of modifiers. You will solve questions pertaining to all sorts of modifiers – prepositional phrase modifiers, verb-ing modifiers, noun + noun modifiers. You will learn about scenarios in which one modifier works but the other does not.
Critical Reasoning sessions that will teach you how to apply the pre-thinking approach to Evaluate, Strengthen& Weaken and Bold face questions.
- CR1– This session will introduce you to one of the most revolutionary ideas to tackle CR questions: Prethinking. This approach has helped thousands of students ace CR. Since prethinking applies not only to assumption questions but to all argument-based questions, you’ll have learnt a much better approach to CR questions by the end of this session.
- CR2 – This session will teach you how to apply the pre-thinking approach to solve Evaluate questions. You will learn how to prethink assumptions and possible answers to “Evaluate” questions even before looking at the option statements.
- CR3 – This session will teach you how to apply the pre-thinking approach to solve Strengthen & Weaken questions. You will learn how to build strengtheners and weakeners around assumptions discovered in pre-thinking. You’ll also learn some of the very common traps built in these question types.
- CR4 – This session will teach you how to apply the pre-thinking approach to solve Bold Face questions. The approach that you will learn will be scientific yet simple. You will also learn the terminologies used in option statements and some of the very common traps built in Bold Face question types.
- RC1 – In this session you will learn how to read a passage of any length and topic effectively so that it becomes simple to comprehend what the author wants to communicate through the passage.
- RC2 – This session is kind of faux test that tests your knowledge of RC concepts in entirety and your effectiveness in the application of the taught process.
Be a part of the batch starting on 2nd March 2019. Click here to view the upcoming session calendar – GLP Batch Calendar