OGQR 2020: Question No. 81
Consider the following set of inequalities: p > q, s > r, q > t, s > p, and r > q. Between which two quantities is no relationship established?
In this question, we are given a set of inequalities, as follows
- p > q
- s > r
- q > t
- s > p
- r > q
We need to determine
- There is no relationship between which two quantities.
Approach & Working
Combining the relations s > p, p > q and q > t, we can write
- Relation 1: s > p > q > t
Also, combining the relations s > r, r > q, and q > t, we can write
- Relation 2: s > r > q > t
Now, checking the options one at a time:
- Between p and r: no direct relation exist
- Between s and t: from either relation we can say s > t
- Between s and q: from either relation we can say s > q
- Between p and t: from relation 1 we can say p > t
- Between r and t: from relation 2 we can say r > t
Hence, the correct answer is option A.
If you are planning to take the GMAT, we can help you with a personalized study plan and give you access to quality online content to prepare. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are the most reviewed GMAT prep company on gmatclub with more than 2400 reviews and are the only prep company that has delivered more than 700+ scores than any other GMAT club partner. Why don’t you take a free trial and judge for yourself?