OGQR 2020: Question No. 82
Carl averaged 2m miles per hour on a trip that took him h hours. If Ruth made the same trip in (2/3)h hours, what was her average speed in miles per hour?
In this question, we are given
- Carl averaged 2m miles per hour on a trip that took him h hours.
- Ruth made the same trip in (2/3)h hours
We need to determine
- The average speed of Ruth, in miles per hour.
Approach & Working
Both of them are making the same trip, hence, the distance covered by both of them will be the same.
- Distance covered by Carl = 2m * h miles = 2mh miles
- Distance covered by Ruth = speed of Ruth * (2/3)h miles
As the distance is the same, we can write
- 2mh = speed of Ruth * (2/3)h
Or, speed of Ruth = 3m
Hence, the correct answer is option E.
Did you know a 700+ GMAT Score can increase your chances to get into your dream business school? We can help you achieve that. Why don’t you try out our FREE Trial? We are the most reviewed online GMAT Preparation company in GMATClub with more than 1960 reviews as of November 2020.