SEO Manager

Reserve My Seat

Does content marketing excite you as much as analytics and numbers? Can you write persuasive and engaging articles, and make them visible on search engines? Do you have an amazing command over written English?  

If any or all of the above resonates with you, then you should consider the role of SEO Manager at e-GMAT.

1. Overview

2. About e-GMAT

e-GMAT is on a mission to make online test prep more effective than studying with a private tutor. We plan to achieve this by building technology which when combined with our teaching pedagogy, makes learning more effective and personal, powering customer success. The stupendous success of our students is a testament to the success of our strategy and of 10-years of investment in pedagogy and technology. Two metrics demonstrate this success:

  1. 700+ scores verified:  We have delivered more 700+ scores – about 10X as many as the average GMAT Club partner.  In fact, in 2021, we delivered 55% of all 700+ scores reported on the GMAT Club. Students from the remaining nine partners together accounted for 45% of the scores.
  2. Success rate: Statistically, only 10% of students score 700+. However, our Last Mile Push program has a success rate of 80% and a median score of 725. A majority of the 20% who fail end up being successful in a subsequent attempt. Bottom line – we have created a system that practically ensures success if you hit our internal metrics.


3. Key Responsibilities

  1. Engage in direct on-page and off-page optimization projects for content created by team members. 
  2. Collect data and report on traffic, rankings, and other SEO aspects. You will be working on the following (or similar) tools: 
    1. Google Analytics 
    2. SEMRush 
    3. MixPanel 
  3. Proofread, edit, and update blog posts to ensure ranking, featured snippets, etc.

Content Creation: (10% of your job)

  1. Create content by researching industry related topics (combining online sources, interviews, and studies).
  2. Curate content and post on several channels.
  3. Write guest posts on Quora and other forums.

 

Skill Building: (10% of your job) 

Keep up to date with the latest SEO trends and algorithm changes.


4. Key Skills

We are looking at candidates with experience of at least 2 years. You must have an undergraduate degree, with a proven academic record as indicated by a solid GPA. Other than that, we are looking for someone who has: 

  1. Exceptional knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Google Search Console, Google Analytics and SEO Tools. 
  2. Prior experience of managing a blog with 500+ posts, demonstrating your role in search traffic growth from a current/previous position. 
  3. Knowledge of other marketing activities that impact SEO performance. 
  4. Understanding of best practice International SEO techniques and implementation 
  5. Outstanding written skills: You should be able to organize information in a logically comprehendible fashion. In addition, you should know how to cite/write facts, and state logical deductions. Also, you should have prior content writing experience as a writer/editor/blogger. 
  6. Communication skills: You should be able to communicate your point succinctly, outlining your thoughts in a logical fashion. 
  7. Research Skills: You should be able to read up, learn, and assimilate information on topics that you are not familiar with.   


4.1 Extra Credit

The following are not required but you get extra credit for the same:  

  1. Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree from a top undergraduate university
  2. Stellar scores in one or more of GMAT/GRE/SAT/ACT
  3. Experience with and/or understanding of code (e.g., HTML, CSS, JavaScript)

Note: Please feel free to apply even if you don’t meet all of the above criteria.   

Keywords Analysis (10% of your job):
Perform detailed keyword research by considering the existing SEO reach, do competitive benchmarking, and analyze search volumes to arrive at targeted keyword sets that drive relevant traffic.

Optimization, Updation, and Reporting: (70% of your job)

e-GMAT

EMPOWERING DREAMS | CHANGING LIVES

Follow Us

Delhi, Bangalore

SEO Manager, 

Delhi, Bangalore


1. Compensation

Commensurate with experience and at par with the best in the industry.

  • Fixed component: INR 8 to 14 LPA
  • Performance Bonus:  INR 2 to 5 LPA


2. Location 

•  Remote (Currently because of Covid)
•  Optional - Delhi or Bangalore (post-Covid)


3. Recruitment Process

The recruitment process is based on multiple rounds of submissions and interviews.


5. Compensation and Recruitment Process